May 26, 2009

Lone Pine

We spent Memorial Day Weekend in Lone Pine, as per tradition. It was so nice to get away for a few days; even in the midst of the craziest time of my life thus far. I felt like I couldn't possibly leave, but it was so good. 

Here's the highlight reel.

Settling down in front of a campfire after a long drive and a long set-up.
Waking up from the heat and the light in my east-facing wing of the tent trailer.
Spying a the British Isles in the sky.

Tooling around Mammoth in the wet while my dad and brother mountain bike.
A glistening fruit tart from the bakkery.

High and low pressures in the valley make for stunning skies.

Being driven in-tent by wild winds. Apparently the air's energy was contagious... 

Matching :)


Living with the song of bubbling water always tickling your ears.

The sky blushes as it watches the pursuit of Sun by Moon.

Wild fires invite us all to gather 'round.

The scents of smoke and Pantene mingle in my hair.
Big, bright birds launch into the sky. They leap, we hold our breath, then the glide into solitude and space. Best not fly too near the sun.

Horseshoe Meadow: a piece of the Scottish highlands nestled in the austere Sierras. I think this is my happy place.

The dogs are in they're element. It's a joy to watch.


My sweet kitty welcoming me back home with purring and snuggling and one jagged scratch on my hand that I don't mind because I know she was just too excited to be careful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment